Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Get out of bed sleepy head

I would just like to say that I reeeeaally love my bed...like.....ALOT! There is nothing more cozy than snuggling my face into my pillows and pulling my blankies up over my head, but for the last 6 months I've had somebody continuously interrupt my sacred time.
This guy:
Now I know we can all agree he is effing adorable with a slightly devilish streak, but since he has come into my life my bed is not used for sleeping nearly enough for my liking. My bed has been more like a playpen but now that the little nugget is crawling and climbing it has turned into a very small space and even if he cannot fully appreciate it we have been trying to go on more adventures and spend time with fun people lately.
We got to go eat dinner with two of my friends from middle school and each of them have a little munchkin of their own, needless to say we were the loudest table in the place. As far as children go I feel like they were very well behaved, but they are tiny humans just discovering their vocal cords so let's just say there were a few times that a "baby opera" may have been performed. We mostly had people who smiled in understanding as they watched us wrestle baby hands out of our plates, but of course we had a few grouchy meany heads looking at us in very unwelcoming ways. Oh well, mommies have to eat too! 
We were able to have a wonderful visit with my dad and his partner Gary. We spent the weekend driving around the country looking at old farms and eating yummy food. We spent the last hour before they had to leave at The beautiful Railroad Park. 
It was a perfect day and we were able to enjoy all the beautiful flowers and trees in bloom as we walked around.
Even though Conner looks confused (and his socks are falling off) I thought this was a cute picture of me, him, and my dad. 

1 comments: