Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Creek Adventures

Today was such a wonderful day! We got to spend some amazing family time with my nephew before he goes overseas for a year. What started off as a casual Sunday dinner ended up as a random outdoor adventure, which many of the dinners in our family tend to do. We decided that we needed to make our way down to "the creek." My brother had informed us that he knew an easy trail and we should follow him so I went to strap Conner into his adventure backpack but my mother forcibly removed him and told me that this was not a trip for infants. I huffed off and complained  "what's the use in having a baby if you can't do what you want with it." but one minute into my brothers "easy" trail I was glad I had obeyed her. We were smacked and abused by thorns and tree branches and complained more than the Israelites being led by Moses into the wilderness, but once we finally saw the stream it was like walking into the promised land.
It looks like a magical fairy home!
Looking in the still water for fishys and crawdaddies. 
Be careful on these rocks, they are slippery!
As you can see even with my wizard staff I found my way into the water.
Even if you don't intend on getting in the water everybody ends up in it.
Who knows what treasures you may find in the riverbed, basketball anyone?
The triumphant explorers!
 
When you find yourself in the forest without a snack cooked air jordans make a tasty snack
Or a useful torch.
Tried to find enough junk to make a "peace symbol" but the boys were threatening to leave us.
Why wait in line at the dmv when the creek can provide a tag?
Finally, no family occasion is finished without a kitty photobomb.

5 comments:

  1. Had a great time with y'all today! Love you guys and can't wait to do it again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so glad you were there to join in on the adventure! I am def looking forward to planning another one soon!

      Delete
  2. That looks like a blast! And I am so proud of y'all for not "falling" into the creek! Is that a Barbie leg that I spy in your peace sign? You know they make a perfect utensil for eating mashed potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha you know I actually thought about you when I saw the barbie leg!

      Delete
  3. Yep, seeing that Barbie leg made me hungry for mashed potatoes!

    ReplyDelete