Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Run! Forest! Run!


I feel like a neglectful blog owner, I have gone on a few major adventures in the last few weeks and plan on going on several more in the weeks to come. I promise to do better and keep everybody in the loop and I will have to do a few backtrack posts, but oh well! I am a busy mommy with a little boy that is learning to crawl and get into everything so as you can imagine I have about 1% of free time available.

Today I kind of felt fed up and irritated at myself and other people and needed to take a second to rant for a bit. Soooo here it goes! I am a vain person.......there I admitted it. I am very narcissistic, I like to look good, and I like for people to notice how good I look. Not very many people can be honest with themselves and other people about that, but I like to be upfront. With that confession out of the way I can now get to business, I am fat, I am not morbidly obese, but by my personal standards I am fat. I realize I have had a baby within the last six months but it has been very hard going from a size 9 to a size 15 within a year. When I look in the mirror I don't see myself, I see a stranger. It is a very strange feeling because I can hear my voice and I hear my laugh and my thoughts are mine, but my face and body aren't me. This isn't meant to be me whining but really just to say I am aware of my situation and nobody notices the differences more than me so it really irritates me when I have "well meaning friends" comment on my weight gain because "they want to give me some negative reinforcement so that I will be motivated" especially if these people are men that have never experienced pregnancy, birth, being solely responsible for another human life! I very much enjoy the gym, I always have, but I have had a hard time getting myself out of the gym mindset because there are definitely ways to tone up and get where I want to be without it so I was so happy to find this great workout on pinterest!
I went to this awesome ladies website http://slapdashmom.com/ and there is alot of other fitness posts and tons of yummy recipes I cannot wait to explore her blog further! I have done this a few times and let me tell you I got through the jumping jacks easy-peasy and by the time I did 12 lunges on each leg my body felt like jello! I have been able to do this a few times and it makes me feel so accomplished and like I can do anything!
This is me and my sister wearing some super awesome 80's madi gras dresses we found. Not to toot our own horn (but I will) we are definitely a family of sexy ladies! I was prob about a few weeks pregnant here and had no idea, but even with my legs being pasty and white I had a killer bod......trust me I looked good naked hehe!


and this is me now :(..... Now that I have exposed myself for all the world to see I am determined to get my body back! This is my declaration of independence from my negative thoughts and feelings of helplessness because I am so blessed to be able to do something about my situation. 

on a lighter note, I needed some socks to wear with my sneakers to work out and this is what I found which made me laugh because I felt like Nanny from Muppet Babies. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment